Decathlete Mikk-Mihkel Arro
Over the years, Finnlog has supported sports in various ways. We started this tradition at the beginning of 2009 by sponsoring the decathlete Mikk-Mihkel Arro.
We helped and shared the development and achievements of this young sportsman when he represented Estonia abroad and improved his own records.
Some achievements of Mikk-Mihkel Arro:
- July 2009 – he participated in the European Combined Event Super League Cup in Szczesin, Poland, and earned 7,779 points and 5th place.
- August 2009 – a debut at the World Championship in Athletics in Berlin where he earned 7,538 points and 33rd place.
- June 2010 – Estonia-Finland-Sweden International Match in Stockholm. 7,707 points and 2nd place.
- June 2010 – 1st place at the European Super League Cup as a member of the Estonian team.
- August 2010 – 2nd place and 7,807 points at the Estonian Championship in Decathlon in Rakvere.
- February 2011 – 5,743 points at the Tallinn International Championship. 6th place in the international rating and 3rd place in the Estonian Championship rating.
Sports days for the children’s home
2010 “Small steps will lead to bid achievements”
Rakvere Sports Club Pinx in cooperation with Finnlog organised a sports day for the residents of children’s homes at Rakvere Sports Centre.
The goal of the sports day was to give the children an opportunity to meet top Estonian sportsmen and sportswomen in athletics, basketball and table tennis and introduce them to various interesting fields of sports so as to foster an interest in them in sports and draw them to participate in athletic activities.
Athletes Mikk-Mihkel Arro, Grete Udras and Taavi Peetre, basketball players Valmo Kriisa and Reinar Hallik and table tennis players Aleksandr Smirnov and Tatjana Tsisjakova participated in the event and introduced their field of sport.
The sports day was thoroughly enjoyed by all the participants.
2011 sports day for residents of children’s homes together with sports stars in Pärnu
Finnlog organised a sports day for the residents of the children’s home for the second year in a row, this time taking place in Pärnu Sports Hall.
The sports day was aimed at all the residents of children’s homes, regardless of age. Once again, we gave an opportunity to the children to meet Estonian sports elite, introduce interesting fields of sports and expand their knowledge of and increase their interest in sports.
The event included introductions of different fields of sports, relay races with sports stars, interaction with sportsmen and sportswomen, picture taking and a concert.
Residents of children’s homes from Elva Väikelastekodu, Haiba Lastekodu, Pärnu Lasteküla and MTÜ Maria Lastekeskus participated in the charity event.
Sports stars such as the athletes Mikk-Mihkel Arro, Lembi Vaher and Taavi Riitmuru, Grete Udras, basketball players from Pärnu Basketball Club Rannar Raap, Toomas Raadik, Jüri Larionov and Elgar Tamsalu and AMICI cheerleaders attended the event.
The charity event ended with a performance by Estonia’s most famous superstar – OTT LEPLAND!